What are FSA Qualifying Life Events?
Qualified Life Events include:
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Putting a child up for adoption
- Changes in the number of dependents
- Changes in marital status, including divorce and death of a spouse
- Changes in the cost of a dependent's care or coverage. For example, a significant increase in day care costs for an employee's dependent
- Change in employment status of an employee, their spouse, or their dependent
Disclaimer: The answers and information on HR Answers serve as basic guidelines and are for informational purposes only. While our goal is always to provide useful content, we are unable to provide legal, tax, or fact-specific human resources advice and encourage you to speak with your legal counsel, tax advisor, or human resources professional to understand how this information applies to you.