Director, User Experience
San Francisco, CA
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HR solution for small and medium-sized businesses in the U.S.. In one beautiful dashboard, the Zenefits People Platform gives employees complete control and access to their critical information (think payroll, health benefits, 401k, time off, talent management, an employee directory and more) behind a single log in. Our software delivers a complete HR experience by combining its own powerful tools with dozens of best-of-breed applications on the Zenefits platform (think Slack, Greenhouse, Google Apps and more). The result? A powerful, efficient people management solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their teams, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
Our team is dedicated to reimagining the employee experience in the new world of work. We hope you join us!
We're hiring a Director to lead our User Experience Team. Our ideal candidate is equal parts creative genius, operational master and prescriptive leader, with a proven knack for creating awesome and intuitive customer experiences and developing their team’s skills. To succeed in this role, you’ll draw on your product design experience, technical knowledge, execution rigor, creative problem-solving skills and people and process management experience.You must have the pragmatism to prioritize and evolve your implementation of a phenomenal user experience in service of an ever more effective product. You are an excellent partner -- business-savvy and self-aware, don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to be hands-on, and you have been successful in a high growth start-up environment.A cool head and smart sense of humor wouldn’t hurt either.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define and deliver a UX Vision and Strategy.
- Lead a team of accomplished professionals in core UX and copywriting functions with an ability to hire,develop, and mentor UX talent.
- Coordinate and manage teams across multiple locations, facilitating communication and collaboration without consistent in-person availability.
- Curate the design library and style guide, making final decisions on content, submissions, and conformance in development team projects.
- Work with Senior Management to help develop priorities for the organization and educate on user centered design.
- Coordinate and provide direction and resource allocation for UX assignments and activities across multiple projects and strategic initiatives.
- Maintain and continually improve processes for how UX professionals collaborate with development teams and Product Managers during the development lifecycleto create high fidelity designs informed by customer feedback.
- Partner with Product leaders to define and measure metrics to track user satisfaction both overall and specific to strategic development initiatives.
- Reinforce a collaborative and supportive culture both within the design organization and throughout the entire company, fostering Zenefits’ values to set a visible standard for outstanding performance.
- Provide feedback and guidance on wireframes to communicate design options and align on a solution.
A little more about you:
- 8+ years experience in the industry designing for web applications, mobile applications and/or managing design teams.
- Saas experience in a b2benterprise apps environment. Exposure to products like Payroll and Benefits are mission critical.
- At least 3 years of experience building and leading successful design and/or UX teams.
- Deep knowledge of tools used by UX designers and researchers, and when to use them appropriately including experience with user interviewing/testing, creating flowcharts, wireframes, prototyping high-fidelity design mockup, and detailed design specifications
- Experience with Sketch, Invision or similar applications
- Strong facilitation, brainstorming and collaboration skills with expert user experience orientation and exceptional people skills.
- Thorough knowledge of the software development lifecycle.