Customer Advocacy and Community Manager
We’re looking for a marketer who is motivated to deliver great customer engagement and communication across everything they do. Our Customer Advocacy and Community pro should be equal parts tireless connector, compelling storyteller and intrepid master of new and emerging tools to connect, educate, inform and engage our user community. Here, you will work with key customers at all levels and internal Zenefits stakeholders across all customer-facing organizations (sales, marketing, product, customer service and support. etc). You will be responsible for managing and building out our online customer community as well as for identifying, creating, promoting and celebrating success stories, sharing new tips and tricks, ensuring timely product and business communications, and powering awards and review programs. Reporting to the Vice President of Communications, your work will be central to powering all manner of customer experience, marketing and sales programs from customer retention and Net Promoter Scores to media, awards, speaking, reviews and social media engagement.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Relentless focus on delivering a positive, easy experience via customer communications throughout the customer life cycle.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to evoke trusted relationships across customer community and all internal customer-facing functions.
- Passionate storyteller: able to build provocative, compelling content for use across customer, sales, marketing, PR and executive channels.
- Own, manage and drive development and participation in Zenefits’s online customer community, Club Zen. Connect customers to share ideas, best practices and updates to optimize their collective Zenefits experience.
- Help support relevant offline forums as needed, such as the Customer Advisory Board.
- Marketing references: own, manage and scale customer references for marketing and online B2B review sites.
- Life-Cycle Communications: Manage a centralized calendar of customer communications and support consistent channels for distribution and measuring engagement and impact.
- Success Stories/Celebration: Engage and identify customers for case studies/videos. Actively share and celebrate successes including owning programming for annual/bi-annual awards.
- Passion for —and agility with— leveraging new and emerging technologies to listen, engage, educate and measure customer program efforts.
A little more about you:
- Proven track record working directly with software technology companies—preferably SaaS— customers (customer service, support, sales and/or marketing roles).
- Nimble collaborator: connecting the key data, context and content between and across internal stakeholders and customers.
- Strong problem-solving, communications and analytical ability.
- Passionate about leveraging and pushing the envelope with customer advocacy, reference, community and marketing tools (including Influitive, Marketo, Salesforce.com).
- Measurable success in delivering and scaling programs for third-party online reviews.
- Ability to identify, develop, share and celebrate on-strategy customer successes.
- Self-starter: driven by intellectual curiosity to develop, connect, evolve, and scale effective and impactful customer communications.
- 3-5+ years of experience: in-house communications/marketing, customer success or marketing/PR agency. Or a blend of the above.
- Experience marketing technology to small businesses
- HR technology marketing is a strong advantage
- Direct customer support/service experience