Senior Software Engineer, UI Platform
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HR solution for small and medium-sized businesses in the U.S.. In one beautiful dashboard, the Zenefits People Platform gives employees complete control and access to their critical information (think payroll, health benefits, 401k, time off, talent management, an employee directory and more) behind a single log in. Our software delivers a complete HR experience by combining its own powerful tools with dozens of best-of-breed applications on the Zenefits platform (think Slack, Greenhouse, Google Apps and more).
The result? A powerful, efficient people management solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their teams, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
Our team is dedicated to reimagining the employee experience in the new world of work. We hope you join us!
The Zenefits Engineering team is the pioneer in building an All-in-One HCM system. Building this highly integrated platform requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as product management, design as well customer facing operations and support teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing engineering platforms unique to this space. You will be exposed to open-source technologies like Django, Python, React, Ember and MySQL, and use them to solve complex issues such as data storage and query over for large data sets that encode various dimensions of date/time , management of complex business rules, and publication of data change notification events across the system to maintain data consistency.
As a UI Engineer on the UI Platform team at Zenefits, you will build the foundation for all web applications at Zenefits. This team focuses on providing a performant, secure and reliable web ecosystem for all of our users through the creation and support of developer tools, systems, and frameworks. The team leads all the UI Efforts at Zenefits and works closely with Product Teams to ensure quality, performance and a great user experience.
Our current stack includes React.js, TypeScript, Node.js, and GraphQL. Our design team uses Figma to and we collaborate really closely with them to build our Design System (see ui.zenefits.com).
Bachelors degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent.
Experience with browser frontend libraries or frameworks (React, Ember.js, Angular or Vue)
Experience with frontend tooling (linters, webpack, npm/yarn)
You are enjoying teaching others and like the opportunity to share your knowledge while continuing to grow professionally
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and grow the Design System.
- Improve Developer Experience. We own linters, code generators, editor configuration, CI, Deployment Systems and other dev tools.
- Improve our UI Platform utilizing and building open source tools
- Communicate and collaborate within and across teams to drive company-wide, large-scale projects
- Mentor, educate and support those around you, as well as other web engineers within the company
- Work with DevOps and Infra team to ensure the health of all our UI Products and our GraphQL Service by building and maintaining our monitoring and alerting tools
A little more about you:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience with browser frontend libraries or frameworks (React, Ember.js, Angular or Vue)
- Experience with frontend tooling (linters, webpack, npm/yarn)
- You are enjoying teaching others and like the opportunity to share your knowledge while continuing to grow professionally
- Experience building Design Systems
- Experience or interest in public speaker
- Knowledge of typed languages/linters (TypeScript or Flow)
- GraphQL knowledge