On behalf of all of us at Zenefits, I hope this note finds you, your colleagues, and your family and friends, safe and healthy. There is no question this is a time of great uncertainty. While we don't know exactly what the future may hold, we feel confident that by sticking together and supporting each other, we'll emerge from this stronger than before.
It is a time of social distancing necessary to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. But, it is also a critical time to bring together all of our ideas to support your business and your people. Here are a few examples of more holistic customer care that can reach across the physical spaces that divide us to offer better virtual access to one another:
1. Resources you can use
As all of us work to create new and better practices for workplace resiliency, we’re committed to sharing the latest people operations ideas and insights. Here are a few channels where you can find fresh information and inspiration. We hope you’ll find them useful to not only to find answers but to share your own thoughts.
- Workest – New Coronavirus Resource center for up-to-date insights, tools and links specifically for small businesses. Trending articles include:
- ClubZen – To stay up to date, Zenefits customers can join our online community, where we have experts ready to answer questions. We also regularly post answers to the most common questions we’re getting about the emerging best practices for COVID-19, remote work, sick time and more.
- CoronaVirus HR Comms and Resources Guide: This is a collection of sample plans and programs contributed by other companies.
- We’re also watching a handful of helpful national and global resources that you might find useful, including the WHO, CDC, OSHA, and World O Meter. Also, please know that we are closely monitoring the proposed payroll tax regulation changes and will work to ensure you have what you need should material changes occur.
2. Zenefits’ product flexes for better business resiliency
Our apps are designed for the modern, distributed workforce — scalable, easy to use, and mobile. Whether your team has always been remote, or is just trying it for the first time, we have you covered. Employees can: access medical/dental/vision insurance information and submit eligible expenses; clock in/out with geolocation tracking; and access HSA/FSA and commuter benefits, anytime anywhere. Here are additional ways companies can leverage Zenefits to connect, track and empower your remote people.
- Communicating with your team: In addition to access to your entire employee directory with contact information for quick messaging, you can bulk download your employee contact list from Zenefits’ Organization Chart to reach out to all of your staff. Organization Chart 101 training video
- Tracking sick time/additional time off or remote: The Time Off tool is configurable. If you want to learn how to set up and track a new time off, sick time or remote work category, you can do it here: Time Off Types and Reasons training video, and this Help Center article
- View team schedules on a centralized calendar – We also have a Time Off calendar integration with Google, Apple, and Outlook. So, if you aren’t using our Time & Attendance app, you can keep track of employee work schedules, and view in your native calendaring app.
- Our customers are adding their own inspiring ideas every day in ClubZen, too. For example one business uses the built-in organization chart and contact information to check-in with their team to learn who was impacted by childcare issues as their kids’ schools are closed. Then, this company offered temporary childcare assistance to ease the transition.
3. Zenefits’ infrastructure is always on
Zenefits business operations, infrastructure and services are designed to continue without interruption.
The health and well-being of our employees is of the utmost importance to us. As such, we’ve implemented some internal programs and policy updates to better protect our employees while sustaining business operations. Rest assured that we have built our business and team with the tools, process and skills for flexibility. We will continue operations — in or out of our offices — without a hiccup to our customers.
Also, know that all customer data is backed up multiple times per day, with built-in redundancies across several data centers. We have a robust in-house monitoring and response system to immediately identify potential issues and threats; and our high-availability systems provide greater than 99.9% uptime.
We’re committed to be #InItTogether to make it easier for you to run your business in any environment. Wishing you all well as we weather this together.