July has arrived, and just like that we’re in the full swing of summer!
We know holidays and HR dates can be tricky to keep track of, which is why we created this easy-to-use calendar. Download it, bookmark it, and refer to it throughout the month. Use this link to download a printable PDF version of this calendar. Also, check out our list of 2021 federal holidays.
- Minimum Wage Increases: Increases go into effect in Illinois, Nevada, New York, Oregon, some California cities, and Washington, D.C. Check out this article about Minimum Wage Updates for 2021 for full details.
- Virginia Overtime Wage Act Goes Into Effect: This Act now provides overtime protections for Virginia employees under state law.
- International Plastic Bag Free Day
- Fourth of July: The Fourth of July, aka Independence Day, is a federally observed holiday.
- Fourth of July (observed): Since The Fourth of July lands on a Sunday, many businesses are observing the holiday today. This is also the perfect time for a holiday sale.
- National Workaholic Day: “Hi, my name is … and I’m a workaholic.” National Workaholic Day examines the negative effects of work addiction and importance of work-life balance.
- World Chocolate Day: #WorldChocolateDay is THE day to indulge in all things chocolate. Own a bakery, restaurant or coffee shop? Make a special chocolatey treat to celebrate.
- Employee’s Report of Tips: Employees who make $20 or more in tips the previous month need to report it to their employer using Form 4070.
- National Kitten Day: #NationalKittenDay. Have your employees send it photos of their adorable kittens.
- Tax Day: For corporations, it’s the deadline to submit corporate tax returns using Form 1120 and Schedule K-1. For sole proprietorships and LLCs taxed as a disregarded entity, submit Schedule C along with your personal tax return.
- Get to Know Your Customers Day: This is a quarterly event, and an opportunity to spark conversations with your customer base and thank them for their patronage.
- World Emoji Day: #WorldEmojiDay is a social media manager’s dream! Use emojis to market your products or see if you can make a social media post out of only emojis.
- Nelson Mandela International Day: The UN officially declared this an international holiday, in honor of Nelson Mandela’s birthday.
- Summer Olympics: Let the games begin! The Summer Olympics kicks off in Tokyo.
- National Hire a Veteran Day: This holiday reminds employers to hire a veteran when they have open positions.
- National Disability Independence Day: The ADA required regulations for businesses and guaranteed certain rights for those with intellectual and physical disabilities.
- Put in Your PTO Request: Don’t let summer slip away without taking a vacation. Studies show Americans have guilt trips when they take a vacation, but it’s important to recharge your batteries.
- National Intern Day: Don’t forget to recognize and celebrate the hard-working future leaders at your workplace!
- IRS Deadlines: All due today: Quarterly Federal Excise Tax Return (Form 720); FUTA payments for Q2 (Form 940); Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return (Form 941) for Q2.
- PCORI Payment Due: This payment is for Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) fees for the plan year that ended in 2020.