Employers in the Bluegrass State: learn about Indiana payroll tax and registration here.
Companies who pay employees in Kentucky must register with the KY Department of Revenue for a Withholding Account Number and register with the KY Office of Employment & Training for an Employer ID Number.
KY Withholding Account Number
- Format: 999999 ( 6 numerical digits )
- Register online with the KY Dept of Revenue to receive a Withholding Account Number. Registration may also be completed via the Kentucky Registration Application (10A100). Please visit the Kentucky DOR Tax Registration Information page or additional resources or call the KY DOR at (502) 564-4581.
- Find an existing Withholding Account Number:
KY Unemployment Compensation (UC) Account Number
- Format : 99999999 ( 8 numerical digits )
- Register online at the KY Office of Employment & Training for an Employer ID Number and Unemployment Insurance (UI) Tax Rate.
Required Payroll Documentation:
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
Local Income Taxes Imposed: