Employers in the Pelican State: learn about Indiana payroll tax and registration here.
Account Number(s) Needed:
Companies who pay employees in Louisiana must register with the LA Department of Revenue for a Revenue Account Number and the LA Workforce Commission for a State ID Number.
LA Revenue Account Number: 9999999-999 (10 digits)
- Apply online at the DOR’s Taxpayer Access Point portal to receive an Account Number immediately after registration or apply with this form.
- Find an existing Account Number:
- on Form L-1, Employer’s Return of Income Tax Withheld
- by contacting the Dept of Revenue.
LA State ID Number: 999999 9 (7 digits)
- Apply online at the Workforce Commission’s Unemployment Tax Account Application to receive a State ID Number within 3 days. Be sure to provide Zenefits permissions through our Agent Access Code: 083501BA1.
- Log into online portal.
- From the Home Page, click Tax Services in the upper left corner.
- Click Agent Maintenance.
- Input the correct email address, then click Verify.
- Enter the Agent Access Code (083501BA1) and click Confirm Agent Code.
- From the available choices, select: File Wage and Tax Report, View Reports/Payments, Make Payments, and View Tax Rate Notices.
- Click Confirm Agent & Assign Access.
- Await for confirmation from the system when done.
- Find an existing State ID Number:
- on Form LDOL-ES4, Employer’s Wage and Tax Report.
- by contacting the Workforce Commission.
Required Payroll Documentation:
- L-1 (Employer’s Quarterly Return of Louisiana Withholding Tax): This report is a good source of information used to balance taxes withheld from prior quarters.
- LW ES51 (Louisiana Wage and Tax Report): This return is eFiled electronically so you can use a payroll report that contains employee unemployment wages and employer contribution amounts.
- Louisiana Workforce Commission for unemployment taxes
- Louisiana Department of Revenue for withholding taxes
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
Local Income Taxes Imposed: