Employers in the Echantment State: learn about New Mexico payroll tax and registration here.
Account Number(s) Needed:
Companies who pay employees in New Mexico must register with the NM Department of Taxation and Revenue for a Combined Reporting System (CRS) ID Number and the NM Department of Workforce Solutions (DWS) for an Employer Account Number. NM also requires employers in NM to register their payroll provider as a third-party administrator to allow the provider to file and pay their NM taxes.
New Mexico Taxation & Revenue Department (CRS) ID Number: 01-999999-99-9 (11 digits) first two digits should be 01,02, or 03.
- Apply online at the NM Taxpayer Access Point portal to receive the ID number in 2 days. This number is also used for NM Worker’s Compensation payments and filing.
- Find an existing CRS ID Number:
- On Form CRS-1, Combined Report System
- By contacting the Dept. of Taxation and Revenue.
New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions: 99-9999-9 (7 digits)
- Apply online at the DWS’s UI Registration portal to receive the number within 2 days.
- Find an existing Employer Account Number:
- On Form ES-903A, Employer’s Quarterly Wage and Contribution Report.
- By contacting the DWS.
Required Payroll Documentation:
- CRS-1: This is a combined filing return and is a good source of information for balancing withholding tax from prior quarters.
- ES903_AB (Employers Quarterly Wage Contribution Report): This report is a good source of information to use to balance employee total wages paid and employer contributions made in prior quarters. This return can be filed electronically.
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
Local Income Taxes Imposed:
Dept. of Workforce Solutions for unemployment taxes
Taxation & Revenue Department for withholding taxes
Employers who use Zenefits Payroll to pay employees in New Mexico must authorize Zenefits Payroll as a third-party administrator (TPA) with the New Mexico Department of Workfo… Learn more