Oklahoma Payroll Tax and Registration Guide

Employers in the Sooner State: learn about Indiana payroll tax and registration here.

Bookmark (0)

No account yet? Register

Account Number(s) Needed:

Employers who pay employees in OK must register with the OK Tax Commission (OTC) for a Withholding Account Number and register with the OK Employment Security Commission (OESC) for a State Unemployment Tax (SUTA) Account Number. OK also requires employers to register their payroll provider with the OTC and the OESC as an authorized third-party administrator to allow the provider to file and pay OK taxes.
Oklahoma Tax Commission Withholding Account Number
  • Format: WTH-99999999-99 (3 letters and 10+ numbers)
  • Register online to receive a Withholding Account Number within 5 business days.
  • Find an existing Withholding Account Number:
    • online at the OTC’s OK Taxpayer Access Portal (OKTAP).
    • by contacting the OTC.
Oklahoma Employment Security Commission Account Number
  • Format : 99-9999999 (9 digits)
  • Register online at the OESC’s EZ Tax Express portal using a Federal EIN (leave the Account ID field blank) to receive the number within 2 days or fill out this form.
  • Find an existing SUTA Account Number by contacting the OESC.

Required Payroll Documentation:


  • OK WTH 10001 (Oklahoma Quarterly Wage Withholding Tax Return): This return is a good source of information to use to balance Wages Paid and Taxes Withheld.


  • OK OES 3 (Employer’s Quarterly Contribution Report): This return is filed electronically. You can use a payroll report that contains Employee Name, SSN, Total Wages and Taxable Wages as well as employer contribution amounts to balance prior quarters.

Third Party Access /POA Needed:

Local Income Taxes Imposed:  

  • No

State Resources:

Visit state resources for specific tax rates and wage details
Employment Security Commission for unemployment taxes
Tax Commission for withholding taxes

Registering for Employer Account with Oklahoma Employment Security Commission

Employers who pay employees in Oklahoma should register for an account with the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission’s EZ Tax Express employer portal to receive an OK State U… Learn more

Authorize Zenefits Payroll as Third Party Administrator in Oklahoma

Employers who use Zenefits Payroll to pay employees in Oklahoma must authorize Zenefits Payroll as a third-party administrator (TPA) with the: Oklahoma Employment Security Commi… Learn more

Bookmark (0)

No account yet? Register

Might also interest you