Employers in the Keystone State: learn about Pennsylvania payroll tax and registration here.
Account Number(s) Needed:
Companies who pay employees in Pennsylvania must register with the PA Department of Revenue for an Employer Account ID and the PA Department of Labor and Industry for an Unemployment Compensation (UC) Account Number. Apply online for both at the PA-100 Enterprise Registration System to receive the numbers immediately.
PA also requires employers to register their payroll provider as an authorized third-party administrator with the Department of Labor and Industry Unemployment Compensation Management System (UCMS) to allow the provider to file and pay taxes in PA.
Pennsylvania Dept of Revenue Employer Account Number: 9999-9999 or 99999999 (8 digits)
- Find an existing Employer Account Number:
- on Form PA W-3, Employer Quarterly Return of Withholding Tax
- by contacting the Department of Revenue
Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry UC Account Number: 99-99999 9 (7 digits)
- Find an existing UC Account Number:
- on Form UC-2, Employer’s Unemployment Insurance Tax Report
- by contacting the UC Employer Contact Center
Required Payroll Documentation:
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
- Yes – Unemployment
- Zenefits will also request access to your Department of Revenue E-Tides account which will need to be approved by the enterprise administrator
Local Income Taxes Imposed:
- Yes (Check your local taxes here.)
Dept. of Labor & Industry for unemployment taxes
Dept. of Revenue for withholding taxes
Authorize Zenefits Payroll as Third Party Administrator in Pennsylvania
Employers who use Zenefits Payroll to pay employees in Pennsylvania must authorize Zenefits Payroll as a third-party administrator with the Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensatio… Learn more