During times of trouble, it can be difficult to know how world events are taking their toll on your employees. We’ve put together a few resources to help you navigate the current conflict.
It can be hard to know how to communicate effectively about international conflicts, and how it could be affecting your employees not only as individuals, but the general mood of your workforce. Here are three ways you can offer help and consolation to your teams.
1. Sample Email about the 2022 Russian Invasion of Ukraine
There are many people impacted in different ways by these events and our thoughts are with them during this unprecedented time.
We recognize what is occurring is unsettling and want to make sure you are aware of the many resources available through the Employee Assistance Program (insert your link here) to help provide support, if needed.
And as we hope for peace, let’s also never underestimate the power of compassion, kind words and meaningful actions toward others during this time.
List of Ukraine Aid Charities
GlobalGiving: BBB Wise Giving Alliance Report; Ukraine Relief Activities
International Rescue Committee:BBB Wise Giving Alliance Report; Ukraine Relief Activities
Save the Children: BBB Wise Giving Alliance Report; Ukraine Relief Activities
Grassroots Fundraising from Poland: Humanitarian Aid
Sunflower of Peace: First aid and medical supply backpacks
Voices of Children: Mental health services
Vostok SOS: Evacuation services
Bright Funds Humanitarian Support
2. Sample Pulse Survey About the Ukrainian Conflict
Subject: Confidential Pulse Survey about the War in Ukraine
3. In-Office Support Ideas
In addition to offering mental health resources, consider these additional ways to support your teams and make them feel safe.
- Create a dedicated SLACK channel where employees can talk freely about Russia and Ukraine
- Encourage support groups among teams and cross-company
- Encourage use of colors and flags if Employees want to express their support
- Hold an after hours discussion Zoom where employees can share freely with each other
- Consider offering an additional mental health day for employees who feel particularly affected
- Hold a community service event to encourage colleagues to spread good deeds and positivity through community and support others
Whichever support methods you decide, we hope this list helps you and your teams better navigate the emotions and stress from the current conflict.
Your Friends at Workest <> Zenefits