A list of the states, counties, and cities that will experience a minimum wage increase effective July 1, 2021
On July 1, 2021, the minimum wage will increase in select cities, counties, and states across the country. It’s important to take note since many localities have higher minimum wages than the state minimum wage.
Refer to this article to see a breakdown of minimum wages across the country.
The following minimum wages will increase as of July 1, 2021.
States with a minimum wage increase
- No health insurance benefits provided by employer and received by employee: $9.75
- Health insurance benefits provided by employer and received by employee: $8.75
New York State: $12.50
- For fast food workers: $15.00
Cities, counties, and localities with a minimum wage increase
- Berkeley: $16.32
- Emeryville: $17.93
- Fremont: $15
- Los Angeles and LA County $15
- Malibu: $15
- Milpitas: $15.65
- Pasadena: $15
- San Francisco and San Francisco County: $16.32
- Santa Monica: $15
District of Columbia: $15.20