Senior Software Engineer, Benefits
Here's the gist:
Zenefits People Platform helps empower the modern workforce for thousands of companies. Some of Zenefits’ key features include HR, Benefits, Time, Payroll and Compliance. The Zenefits People Platform aids companies in empowering their employees, managing change, and staying compliant.
Zenefits engineering team is the pioneer in building an All-in-One HCM system. Benefits Engineering is one of the flagship teams at Zenefits building the first-in-industry Benefits Platform for the largest insurance brokerages of US, individual brokers, employers, and employees. Building this highly integrated platform requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as product management, design as well customer-facing operations and support teams. You will be exposed to open-source technologies like Django, Python, React, graphQL, and MySQL, and use them to solve complex issues such as data storage and query over for large data sets that encode various dimensions of date/ time, management of complex business rules, and publication of data change notification events across the system to maintain data consistency.
- Work with product engineering teams to define, build out, and take ownership of features and projects.
- Partner with cross-cutting teams to ensure a complete end to end customer experience.
- Level up Benefits Platform and related systems, Write and test high-quality, maintainable code
- Tackle complex engineering challenges. From designing reliable services in a distributed system to automating complex business rules and regulations.
A little more about you:
- 3+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- Technically Solid - you have depth and breadth in software design and development
- Quality - testing is always top-of-mind for you
- Self-starter - you don’t need anyone telling you what you need to do
- Ownership - you deeply care about what you’ve built
- Get-it-done-attitude - you are willing to do whatever it takes
- Team-player - you thrive in a collaborative, team environment
- Experience doing development with one of Python, Ruby, Java, Scala, node.js
- Experience with one front-end framework (particularly React) is a plus.
- Experience with server MVC frameworks (particularly Django)