Senior Software Engineer, Payroll
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HCM (human capital management) solution for small and medium businesses. Designed as an interconnected ecosystem of apps, Zenefits delivers the most complete HR experience by combining its own powerful apps with dozens of best-of-breed providers on the Zenefits platform. Built on a modern technology stack, Zenefits’ platform provides a comprehensive Employee Record tightly integrated with Zenefits’ apps like onboarding, payroll, compliance and benefits administration and partner apps like email, expense management, 401(k) and employee engagement. The result is a powerful HCM solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their people, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
Zenefits engineering team is the pioneer in building an All-in-One HCM system. Building this highly integrated platform requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as product management, design as well customer facing operations and support teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing engineering platforms unique to this space. You will be exposed to open-source technologies like Django, Python, Ember.js, and MySQL, and use them to solve complex issues such as data storage and query over for large data sets that encode various dimensions of date/time , management of complex business rules, and publication of data change notification events across the system to maintain data consistency.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with product engineering teams to define, build out, and take ownership over features and projects
- Partner with cross cutting teams to ensure a complete end to end customer experience
- Write and test high-quality, maintainable code
- Tackle complex engineering challenges. From designing reliable services in a distributed system to automating rules and regulations
A little more about you:
- 5+ years of industry experience as a software engineer writing code in a production environment
- Self-motivated and excellent attention to detail -- focused on execution and shipping production quality systems
- User first approach, comfortable with rapid iterations
- Experience with web technologies and system design
- Experience with our technical stack (Python/Django/React.js) is a plus but not required