Here's the gist:
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HCM (human capital management) solution for small and medium businesses. Designed as an interconnected ecosystem of apps, Zenefits delivers the most complete HR experience by combining its own powerful apps with dozens of best-of-breed providers on the Zenefits platform. Built on a modern technology stack, Zenefits’ platform provides a comprehensive Employee Record tightly integrated with Zenefits’ apps like onboarding, payroll, compliance and benefits administration and partner apps like email, expense management, 401(k) and employee engagement. The result is a powerful HCM solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their people, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
Zenefits engineering team is the pioneer in building an All-in-One HCM system. Building this highly integrated platform requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as product management and design, as well as customer facing operations and support teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing engineering platforms unique to this space. You will be exposed to open-source technologies like Django, Python, Ember.js, React, and MySQL, and use them to solve complex issues such as data storage and query over large data sets that encode various dimensions of date/time, management of complex business rules, and publication of data change notification events across the system to maintain data consistency.
- Own and deliver complete, major features throughout its lifecycle. This includes design, architecture, implementation, testability, debugging, and shipping.
- Work closely with other disciplines to shape the product.
- Performs design and development of highly available and scalable tooling and service infrastructure
- Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, be self-directed, and work well with other people. Foster a culture of being agile, innovative, team-oriented, and customer-focused.
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and solving challenging programming and design problems
A little more about you:
- 8+ years’ experience designing and developing web, software, or mobile applications
- Demonstrated record of leading end to end; from architecture and design, implementation, deployment phases, to iterations based on data.
- Excellent cross group collaboration ability, be self-motivated, and be a team player.
- Solid coding skills in relevant programming languages.
- Familiarity with Cloud Technology (AWS is an added plus)
- Deep passion for customers, design thinking, data analysis and technology.
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high-quality products or services.
- Minimum BA/BS in Computer Science, or equivalent in related technical experience.