Senior DevOps Engineer
Here's the gist:
Zenefits People Platform helps empower the modern workforce for thousands of companies. Zenefits tightly integrates its powerful applications with other best-of-breed technologies and services to deliver the most comprehensible mobile HR experience on the market.
Some of Zenefits’ key features include HR, Benefits, Time, Payroll and Compliance. These applications integrate with our partners in email, collaboration, expense management, and employee engagement to create a powerful employee-centric ecosystem. The Zenefits People Platform aids companies in empowering their employees, managing change, and staying compliant.
Zenefits DevOps engineers are responsible for designing, building, managing the Zenefits website infrastructure. This includes covering all aspects of the development pipeline: from code development, build systems, CI, and deployment and monitoring technologies. This role on the Infrastructure team requires very close collaboration with all engineering teams to deliver a fully automated deployment/release pipeline and oversee production operations. As the DevOps Engineer, you will be solving a breadth of problems that require deeply technical and creating solutions, in a fast-paced, fun environment.
- Production support of a multi-tier WebSite infrastructure runs on Linux.
- Perform Production Oncall/Release operations.
- Implementation of Production systems infrastructure to cater to growing needs of the company.
- Automate and maintain our continuous delivery pipeline for consistent software releases.
- Scale up of infrastructure on a need basis.
- Perform root cause analysis of production issues and provide a report which includes recommendations for identifying future issues more quickly as well as preventing future failures entirely, whether through process or technology improvements.
- Manage backups and disaster recovery, including backup monitoring and verification, and leading restoration tests and disaster recovery drills.
A little more about you:
- 5+ years of experience.
- B.Tech/BE degree in engineering.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work with fast changing requirements.
- Quick learner.
- Being able to work independently, i.e. does not require a lot of hand-holding.
- Strong background in managing Linux/Unix systems.
- Knowledge/Experience with scripting languages - Python, bash shell.
- Experience with Cloud providers, preferably AWS.
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code - CloudFormation, Terraform.
- Experience with MySQL, Nginx, HAProxy.
- Experience with CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins.
- Experience with Version Control systems - Git.
- Experience with Configuration Management Systems - SaltStack, Puppet, chef etc.
- Experience with Monitoring Platforms - Nagios, Icinga, Zabbix etc.
- Experience with maintaining and running large scale web apps.
- Experience with Micro-Services - container technologies, docker, lxc.
- Knowledge of Production Operations/Best practices.