Senior DevOps Engineer
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HR solution for small and medium-sized businesses in the U.S.. In one beautiful dashboard, the Zenefits People Platform gives employees complete control and access to their critical information (think payroll, health benefits, 401k, time off, talent management, an employee directory and more) behind a single log in. Our software delivers a complete HR experience by combining its own powerful tools with dozens of best-of-breed applications on the Zenefits platform (think Slack, Greenhouse, Google Apps and more).
The result? A powerful, efficient people management solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their teams, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
Our team is dedicated to reimagining the employee experience in the new world of work. We hope you join us!
Zenefits DevOps engineers are responsible for designing, building, managing the Zenefits website infrastructure. This includes covering all aspects of the development pipeline: from code development, build systems, CI, and deployment and monitoring technologies. This role on the Infrastructure team requires very close collaboration with all engineering teams to deliver a fully automated deployment/release pipeline and oversee production operations. As the DevOps Engineer, you will be solving a breadth of problems that require deeply technical and creating solutions, in a fast-paced, fun environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Production support of a multi-tier WebSite infrastructure runs on Linux.
- Perform Production Oncall/Release operations.
- Implementation of Production systems infrastructure to cater to growing needs of the company.
- Automate and maintain our continuous delivery pipeline for consistent software releases.
- Scale up of infrastructure on a need basis.
- Perform root cause analysis of production issues and provide a report which includes recommendations for identifying future issues more quickly as well as preventing future failures entirely, whether through process or technology improvements.
- Manage backups and disaster recovery, including backup monitoring and verification, and leading restoration tests and disaster recovery drills.
A little more about you:
- 5+ years of experience.
- B.Tech/BE degree in engineering.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work with quickly changing requirements.
- Quick learner.
- Being able to work independently, i.e. does not require a lot of hand-holding.
- Strong background in managing Linux/Unix systems.
- Knowledge/Experience with scripting languages - Python, bash shell.
- Experience with Cloud providers, preferably AWS.
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code - CloudFormation, Terraform.
- Experience with MySQL, Nginx, HAProxy.
- Experience with CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins.
- Experience with Version Control systems - Git.
- Experience with Configuration Management Systems - SaltStack, Puppet, chef etc.
- Experience with Monitoring Platforms - Nagios, Icinga, Zabbix etc.
- Experience with maintaining and running large scale web apps.
- Experience with Micro-Services - container technologies, docker, lxc.
- Knowledge of Production Operations/Best practices.