Sr. Data Scientist, Analytics
San Francisco, CA
Here's the gist:
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HCM (human capital management) solution for small and medium businesses. Designed as an interconnected ecosystem of apps, Zenefits delivers the most complete HR experience by combining its own powerful apps with dozens of best-of-breed providers on the Zenefits platform. Built on a modern technology stack, Zenefits’ platform provides a comprehensive Employee Record tightly integrated with Zenefits’ apps like onboarding, payroll, compliance and benefits administration and partner apps like email, expense management, 401(k) and employee engagement. The result is a powerful HCM solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their people, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
At Zenefits we believe that data should drive decision making at all levels of our business. This includes everything from executive level strategy, marketing campaigns, and all the way down to the product features themselves. The perfect candidate for this role will have a strong quantitative background, will be able to tackle abstract business and engineering problems, possesses strong enthusiasm and initiative, and comfortable working with ambiguity.
- Perform data analysis and build statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, etc.
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that track key business metrics and provide actionable insights.
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups
- Work closely with Product, Engineering & Operations teams to create rules, reports, and manage decisions.
A little more about you:
- BS, MS or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, operations research, or related field)
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis experience, preferably in an engineering role
- Proven ability in implementing big data machine learning applications at scale and in production environment
- Experience with common analysis tools - SQL, Python, and Spark. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- Experience of working in Mode Analytics for querying and reporting preferred.
- Self-driven and laser-focused, able to quickly prototype ideas, perform critical analysis and using creative approaches to solving complex problem.