Senior Security Engineer - SecDevOps
Here's the gist:
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HCM (human capital management) solution for small and medium businesses. Designed as an interconnected ecosystem of apps, Zenefits delivers the most complete HR experience by combining its own powerful apps with dozens of best-of-breed providers on the Zenefits platform. Built on a modern technology stack, Zenefits’ platform provides a comprehensive Employee Record tightly integrated with Zenefits’ apps like on-boarding, payroll, compliance and benefits administration and partner apps like email, expense management, 401(k), and employee engagement. The result is a powerful HCM solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their people, stay compliant, and save thousands of hours in lost time.At Zenefits, we take our customers trust very seriously. Ensuring that the content they share with us is secured and effectively monitored for any signs of compromise is Security's primary concern. We’re looking for someone to work closely with our DevOps teams, ensuring that security requirements are met and improvements are deployed where prudent.Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise to drive security improvements throughout our AWS infrastructure.
- Drive security initiatives from brainstorming session to deployment.
- Drive security automation in a SecDevOps type role.
- Sleep soundly at night, knowing that our security posture is better tonight than it was last night.
A little more about you:
- Bachelors/Masters degree in engineering.
- 3+ years of professional experience working in security or DevOps, if you have true SecDevOps experience, that would be awesome.
- Deep knowledge of native AWS services and tools.
- Ability to perform security assessments against individual services of entire AWS accounts.
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code - CloudFormation, Terraform.
- Experience with MySQL, Nginx, HAProxy.
- Experience with CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins.
- Experience with Version Control systems - Git.
- Experience with Configuration Management Systems - SaltStack, Puppet, chef etc.
- Experience with Monitoring Platforms - Nagios, Icinga, Zabbix etc.
- Experience with maintaining and running large scale web apps.
- Experience with Micro-Services - container technologies, docker, lxc.