Senior Cloud Security Engineer
Vancouver, BC or San Francisco, CA or Remote
Here's the gist:
Zenefits People Platform helps empower the modern workforce for thousands of companies. Zenefits tightly integrates its powerful applications with other best-of-breed technologies and services to deliver the most comprehensible mobile HR experience on the market.
Some of Zenefits’ key features include HR, Benefits, Time, Payroll and Compliance. These applications integrate with our partners in email, collaboration, expense management, and employee engagement to create a powerful employee-centric ecosystem. The Zenefits People Platform aids companies in empowering their employees, managing change, and staying compliant.
At Zenefits, we take our customers trust very seriously. Ensuring that the content they share with us is secured and effectively monitored for any signs of compromise is Security's primary concern. We’re looking for someone to work closely with our DevOps teams, ensuring that security requirements are met and improvements are deployed where prudent.Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise to drive security improvements throughout our AWS infrastructure.
- Drive security initiatives from brainstorming session to deployment.
- Drive security automation in a SecDevOps type role.
- Sleep soundly at night, knowing that our security posture is better tonight than it was last night.
A little more about you:
- Bachelors/Masters degree in engineering.
- 3+ years of professional experience working in security or DevOps, if you have true SecDevOps experience, that would be awesome.
- Deep knowledge of native AWS services and tools.
- Ability to perform security assessments against individual services of entire AWS accounts.
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code - CloudFormation, Terraform.
- Experience with MySQL, Nginx, HAProxy.
- Experience with CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins.
- Experience with Version Control systems - Git.
- Experience with Configuration Management Systems - SaltStack, Puppet, chef etc.
- Experience with Monitoring Platforms - Nagios, Icinga, Zabbix etc.
- Experience with maintaining and running large scale web apps.
- Experience with Micro-Services - container technologies, docker, lxc.