Senior Strategy Analyst, FP&A
San Francisco, CA
Here's the gist:
Zenefits People Platform helps empower the modern workforce for thousands of companies. Zenefits tightly integrates its powerful applications with other best-of-breed technologies and services to deliver the most comprehensible mobile HR experience on the market.
Some of Zenefits’ key features include HR, Benefits, Time, Payroll and Compliance. These applications integrate with our partners in email, collaboration, expense management, and employee engagement to create a powerful employee-centric ecosystem. The Zenefits People Platform aids companies in empowering their employees, managing change, and staying compliant.
The combination of our unique business model, changing growth strategy, and competitive marketspace make FP&A an especially critical, challenging, and rewarding role at Zenefits. We’re looking the right individual to join our highly leveraged team. As a member of our FP&A team, you will help us in our objective to provide the optimal mix of analysis, modeling, process, and business financial control and business partnering with the company.
We are looking for a rockstar FP&A analyst to join the FP&A team and support our Product & Engineering verticals. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, takes pride in their work, and can handle the ever-changing environment of a start-up with huge expectations and ambitions. If you've got the proven finance skills, experience, passion, and a strong team mentality - read on and get in touch!
- Partner with SVP Engineering & Product to manage budgets & targets, drive strategic initiatives, and understand the full financial impact of operational plans
- Maintain a monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting cadence that provides management with a detailed look into business performance and expected projections
- Work with other FP&A team members to maintain important company-wide and department specific KPIs providing the company with a quick snapshot of financial and product performance
- Develop financial planning and modeling in Anaplan to support Zenefits as it continues to scale
- Identify areas of improvement in process and tools, make recommendations, and drive implementation.
A little more about you:
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience (ideally in FP&A, but investment banking, consulting, etc. backgrounds also considered)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or another analytical field
- Advanced Excel user - v-lookup, pivot tables, even some macro work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate analysis effectively to non-financial team members
- Ability to work equally well independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with fast pace and shifting priorities
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience with SaaS or other recurring revenue business model
- Experience using a SaaS planning system (e.g. Anaplan, Host, Adaptive)
- Experience with databases and querying information from SQL