Senior Software Engineer, Benefits
Here's the gist:
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HCM (human capital management) solution for small and medium businesses. Designed as an interconnected ecosystem of apps, Zenefits delivers the most complete HR experience by combining its own powerful apps with dozens of best-of-breed providers on the Zenefits platform. Built on a modern technology stack, Zenefits’ platform provides a comprehensive Employee Record tightly integrated with Zenefits’ apps like onboarding, payroll, compliance and benefits administration and partner apps like email, expense management, 401(k) and employee engagement. The result is a powerful HCM solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their people, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
Benefits is a critical pillar of the Zenefits platform, tasked with reimagining and delivering a modern benefits and health insurance experience for Small & Medium-sized Businesses. The
The benefits fulfillments engineering team is looking for strong software developers to join this mission of delivering a world class fulfillment experience that scales to the complexity of this domain but is beautiful, elegant, and simple to use by our customers. If you have experience in building highly resilient systems or would like to learn how to build one while working alongside a world class team, in a very fast paced environment, this role is for you!
- Work with product engineering teams to define, build, and take ownership of key benefits features and projects.
- Partner with cross-cutting teams to ensure a complete end to end customer experience.
- Understand domain specific fulfillments rules and translate their solution into high quality and maintainable code.
- Scaling owned components for accelerated growth.
- Accountable for the health of owned components and meet availability and business metrics.
A little more about you:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- Self-motivated and excellent attention to detail -- focused on execution and shipping production quality systems
- User first approach, comfortable with rapid iterations
- Experience with web technologies and system design
- Experience with our technical stack (Python/Django/Ember.js) is a plus but not required
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with Java/Go