Sr Mgr/Dir Product Marketing & Pricing/Packaging
San Francisco, CA
Here's the gist:
Zenefits People Platform helps empower the modern workforce for thousands of companies. Zenefits tightly integrates its powerful applications with other best-of-breed technologies and services to deliver the most comprehensible mobile HR experience on the market.
Some of Zenefits’ key features include HR, Benefits, Time, Payroll and Compliance. These applications integrate with our partners in email, collaboration, expense management, and employee engagement to create a powerful employee-centric ecosystem. The Zenefits People Platform aids companies in empowering their employees, managing change, and staying compliant.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager or Director of Product Marketing to help us build and launch great products that resonate with HR managers, decision makers, end users and internal customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating the go-to-market strategy and positioning for key Zenefits’ variety of offerings. You will work directly with senior executives (entire C-suite and functional leaders) within the organization on marketing, product strategy, sales, and operations. You will work extensively with product management, partner marketing, sales, and finance to accelerate growth across our company.
- Drive and plan the go-to-market strategy for Zenefits’ products, features, and services across cross-functional teams
- Define positioning and key messaging through a thorough understanding of the product, the HR/Benefits industry, audience and key competitors
- Own Packaging & Pricing strategy for overall Zenefits’ platform, and for specific initiatives such as product launches. This includes framing strategic considerations, creating potential solutions, analyzing options, collaborating with senior executives, incorporating industry learnings, and driving towards a decision.
- Develop the sales enablement collateral and provide support at each stage of the sales funnel
- Partner with growth and content teams to drive awareness and demand for product
- Conduct user, market, and competitive research to better understand and evangelize market trends and apply key learnings to product roadmap and marketing strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of the Zenefits platform and how it, with a robust ecosystem of apps, solves problems for the Human Resources, Employee Benefits and Payroll industries
- Own product messaging, positioning and all launch activities including internal readiness, beta programs, documentation, and content
- Drive internal product education and create useful customer-facing product help content
- Perform competitive analysis and gain a deep understanding of the market and the competitive landscape in order to support product development
- Design optimal marketing campaigns based on market segmentation, arranging the company’s target market into groups of customers with similar traits and needs
- Work effectively across the entire organization
A little more about you:
- BA/BS degree from a great university (MS or MBA is a plus)
- 8+ years of product marketing experience
- 3-7 years’ technology marketing strategy/product marketing experience with emphasis on packaging/pricing
- Prior experience at a start-up working in a hyper-growth environment
- Prior experience working for a tech start-up with a SaaS based solution
- Passionate about helping companies support their employees by providing access to streamlined HR, Payroll and Benefits information in a simple and elegant user interface
- Ability to build channels, embrace new technologies, measure results and improve product performance and services offerings
- Kind and fun to work with as a collaborator and team member
- Passionate about technology and human capital
- Excellent references required
- Exceptional marketing strategy skills. Ability to understand customer needs, create customer value, and highlight competitive differentiation through packaging and pricing.
- Distinctive strategic and analytical skills. Start with an ambiguous complex problem, frame up strategic issues, identify key assumptions and required information, gather information and analyze data sets to tease out insights, and communicate those insights across the organization to simplify discussions and deliver a decision.
- Noteworthy sales strategy skills. Ability to understand sales dynamics, incentives, and opportunities. Know what it’s like to be on the front line of a deal. Strong experience selling value.
- Outstanding listening skills. Ability to understand varying stakeholder perspectives including C-level executives, sales executives, and cross-functional partners.
- Strong executive presence
- Clear, crisp verbal and written communication
- Ability to execute cross-functional programs by collaboratively driving implementation
- Personally create high quality, sales-facing and customer-facing content including presentations, web copy, datasheets as well as guiding others to create content
- Exceptional ability to drive key initiatives to successful outcomes in a fast moving environment
- Unwavering passion for and commitment to the business, customers, and innovation with persistence and tenacity
- Outstanding attention to detail