Senior Software Engineer, Data
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HR solution for small and medium-sized businesses in the U.S.. In one beautiful dashboard, the Zenefits People Platform gives employees complete control and access to their critical information (think payroll, health benefits, 401k, time off, talent management, an employee directory and more) behind a single log in. Our software delivers a complete HR experience by combining its own powerful tools with dozens of best-of-breed applications on the Zenefits platform (think Slack, Greenhouse, Google Apps and more).
The result? A powerful, efficient people management solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their teams, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
Our team is dedicated to reimagining the employee experience in the new world of work. We hope you join us!
Engineers at Zenefits are pioneers in building a highly integrated platform that requires a high degree of cross-collaboration across various functions such as product management, design and customer-facing teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing engineering platforms unique to the people space. You will be exposed to open-source technologies like Django, Python, Ember.js, and MySQL, and use them to solve complex issues such as data storage and query over for large data sets that encode various dimensions of date/time, management of complex business rules, and publication of data change notification events across the system to maintain data consistency.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with product engineering teams to define, build out, and take ownership over features and projects
- Partner with cross-cutting teams to ensure a complete end to end customer experience
- Write and test high-quality, maintainable code
- Tackle complex engineering challenges. From designing reliable services in a distributed system to automating rules and regulations
A little more about you:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- Self-motivated and excellent attention to detail -- focused on execution and shipping production quality systems
- User first approach, comfortable with rapid iterations
- Experience with web technologies and system design
- Experience with our technical stack (Python/Django/Ember.js) is a plus but not required
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Experience with Java/Go