San Francisco, CA
Here's the gist:
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HCM (human capital management) solution for small and medium businesses. Designed as an interconnected ecosystem of apps, Zenefits delivers the most complete HR experience by combining its own powerful apps with dozens of best-of-breed providers on the Zenefits platform. Built on a modern technology stack, Zenefits’ platform provides a comprehensive Employee Record tightly integrated with Zenefits’ apps like onboarding, payroll, compliance and benefits administration and partner apps like email, expense management,401(k) and employee engagement. The result is a powerful HCM solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their people, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, and working closely with business leaders, the Business Partner provides tactical and strategic consultation to optimize Talent, structure, process and culture, with the goal of achieving superior business results. This function is critical in executing Zenefits business initiatives, providing great internal partnership, and driving functional excellence, process improvement and team satisfaction.
The ideal candidate is a strong, experienced consultant with broad understanding of all areas of People Operations with an emphasis on interacting with Technology functions. This individual will have experience influencing Technology leaders in a fast paced, high-tech environment, and the interpersonal savvy required to drive strategies and programs in a complex global workforce. This role will have key stakeholders in San Francisco, Bangalore and Vancouver.
This is a critical role to the company in setting strategy and partnering with several key business leaders. The Business Partner will be in a core group designing and implementing key programs for the company.
Zenefits is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
- Assess organization’s capability to achieve business goals and develop strategies to address gaps in business performance
- Evaluate and recommend best practices in the application of systems and policies
- Develop and deliver organization design and change management initiatives that increase productivity and meaningful work
- Drive and manage talent planning, performance management, and coaching of leaders of all levels
- Drive and manage salary planning processes through annual salary planning and benchmarking
- Maintain knowledge of local labor market trends and partner with Talent team to implement competitive hiring strategies to attract and retain top talent
- Advise and coach business leaders on matters related to their own development and the development of their teams
- Contribute to the development of People programs and processes such as workforce and succession planning, learning and development, reward and recognition programs, etc
A little more about you:
- BA or equivalent work experience with an average of 8-10 years of HR experience with 6-8 years in a HRBP role; preferably in technology company.
- Demonstrated success consulting, negotiating, and coaching business leaders
- Deep functional experience in two or more areas preferred e.g. talent management/acquisition, compensation, employee relations, organizational development, training, etc.
- Previous experience managing complex and cross-functional initiatives, processes, or projects
- Demonstrated success in OD/OE concepts and practices.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with company culture.
- Superb judgment and integrity, including excellent decision making skills and a bias to action.
- Personal leadership: ability to lead and influence at all levels.
- Ability to handle ambiguity with ease.
- The ability to take sizeable problems and break them into manageable pieces
- Clearly demonstrated aptitude in leading in a global, growth SaaS company.