Director, Performance Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Here's the gist:
Zenefits is the leader in Cloud HCM for the modern workforce. Thousands of businesses use Zenefits to empower their employees, manage change and stay compliant. Designed as the single source of truth for managing the modern workforce, Zenefits delivers the most complete, all-mobile HR experience by tightly integrating its own powerful applications with dozens of best-of-breed providers on the Zenefits platform. The result is a powerful HCM solution that helps SMB & Mid-market businesses manage their people, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
The Director of Performance Marketing reports to the Vice President of Demand Marketing and works closely with Sales, Marketing, Product, and leadership to develop and execute year round acquisition marketing plans that have a significant financial impact to the company's revenue stream, profit and overall growth. This position will be the primary point for strategizing and then directly overseeing spend decisions across various channels including pay per click, pay per lead, display/retargeting, Facebook and other paid social channels, and more to drive overall lead and company goals. This person will have had significant hands on, granular knowledge of digital marketing (as opposed to solely managing agencies).
- Scale paid search, paid social and other biddable median channels using the latest digital marketing techniques.
- Be a leader in social advertising on platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and others.
- Work with the demand marketing and product teams to develop aggressive media buying strategies that generate substantial and quantifiable revenue and profit for the business.
- Develop SEO strategy and oversee execution of tactics.
- Actively test and monitor campaign delivery, website traffic and website activity to develop insights from analytics resulting in recommendations for improvements in sites or media
- Lead and integrate social media efforts between content, communications, PR, and product teams.
- Be on the forefront of exploring new technologies and media platforms, and the development of strategies to drive online traffic (online display, paid search, SEO, social media, mobile, etc.).
- Actively recruit, manage, develop and reward top talent in the online marketing space.
- Build a testing and optimization culture, infrastructure and process capable of hundreds of annual tests, leveraging daily learnings.
- Invest in our infrastructure to automate everything and improve the efficiency of our marketing efforts.
- Works with leadership and peers to envision and implement a multi-dimensional digital strategy to create awareness, drive acquisition and engage B2B customers and consumers about our products to increase revenue.
- Spearhead testing of various messaging and value propositions to inform how we handle other downstream actions
- Drive landing page optimization using multivariate testing tools to drive conversion optimization.
- Spearhead strategic post-campaign analysis. Interpret and translate various sources of data into actionable initiatives.
A little more about you:
- 7+ years of B2B digital marketing experience, preferably SaaS
- Proven successful online performance-based marketing experience (CPM/CPC/CPA) with a demonstrated history of driving profitable results at scale
- Experience managing significant paid media budgets (SEM, paid social, etc.)
- This role requires strong analytical skills with the ability to make rapid decisions grounded in data and metrics. Knowledge of success metrics, behavioral and demographic targeting and ROI-driven optimization techniques
- Experience with Tag Management, Ad Serving/pixel technology, and reporting tools required.
- Experience developing and growing a high-performing team and managing consultants and external resources
- MUST be driven by “making the number,” and have a strong affinity for sales team success
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences, from C-level to entry level, internal and external
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams to create business results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines and objectives
- Expert with Excel, SQL and BI reporting environments as well as Web analytics (Google Analytics, etc.)
- Technical Degree (economics, engineering, statistics) strongly preferred