Sr. Finance and Risk Analyst
Here's the gist:
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HCM (human capital management) solution for small and medium businesses. Designed as an interconnected ecosystem of apps, Zenefits delivers the most complete HR experience by combining its own powerful apps with dozens of best-of-breed providers on the Zenefits platform. Built on a modern technology stack, Zenefits’ platform provides a comprehensiveEmployee Record tightly integrated with Zenefits’ apps like onboarding, payroll, compliance and benefits administration and partner apps like email, expense management, 401(k) and employee engagement. The result is a powerful HCM solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their people, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
The Sr. Finance and Risk Analyst must be able to work independently to develop recommendations that consider their research and analysis, the regulatory framework, and competing strategies. The analyst must then utilize communication and influencing techniques to build consensus and drive implementation. This high visibility position offers a unique opportunity to interact with senior managers and drive significant business results.
The Customer Care team leverages a combination of quantitative and coding skills to maximize ROI while maintaining operational quality and ensuring a positive customer experience. Analytics focus areas include:• Expense and loss optimization• Refining operational processes to the current environment• Performs analytics on multiple products such as Payroll, FSA, HSA and other HR related items
Responsible for performing complex analysis aimed at improving risk, profitability, performance forecasting and operational performance for Zenefits products and the related divisions such as Fraud and Compliance. While this position has no direct people management responsibilities, it does require the ability to interact with business partners both within and external to the department. This position requires being the subject matter expert on multiple business-related and technical-related topics and an ability to independently drive strategic improvements. Key functions involve owning Fraud quality monitoring, identifying business trends based on economic and portfolio conditions, and executing strategic enhancements. Responsible for Strategy Management and mentoring less tenured analysts. Communicates business trends, creates financial assessments and interprets risk analytics for senior management. Proven experience at developing technical skills of their team. Detailed knowledge of SAS / SQL, accounting methodologies, and business processes preferred. 3+ years of HR program analysis experience preferred.
- 2+ years programming and analytics experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as demonstrated by 3+ years of experience
- Strong evidence of leveraging analytics to drive business results
- Test/Control design and statistical analysis of results
- Quantitative analyst experience, including skills like data mining and statistics
- Skilled with MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient at written and oral communication, including presentation skills
A little more about you:
- Programming and analytics experience with SQL
- Experience working with SAS, SQL, Redshift
- Experience with business case development/financial statements
- Advanced Degree (MBA (Operations preferred), CPA, Statistics, etc.)
- Experience in digital marketing/analytics