Here's the gist:
Zenefits is the leading all-in-one HCM (human capital management) solution for small and medium businesses. Designed as an interconnected ecosystem of apps, Zenefits delivers the most complete HR experience by combining its own powerful apps with dozens of best-of-breed providers on the Zenefits platform. Built on a modern technology stack, Zenefits’ platform provides a comprehensive Employee Record tightly integrated with Zenefits’ apps like onboarding, payroll, compliance and benefits administration and partner apps like email, expense management, 401(k) and employee engagement. The result is a powerful HCM solution that helps mid-market businesses manage their people, stay compliant and save thousands of hours in lost time.
Zenefits engineering team is the pioneer in building an All-in-One HCM system. Building this highly integrated platform requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as product management and design, as well as customer facing operations and support teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing distributed engineering platforms unique to this space. You will be exposed to open-source technologies like Django, Python, Ember.js, React, and MySQL, and use them to solve complex issues such as manage distributed real world transactions, query over large data sets that encode various dimensions of date/time, management of complex business rules, and publication of data change notification events across the system to maintain data consistency.
- Responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies Zenefits values.
- Ensure your team delivers extraordinary output, and continuously seeks ways to make highly impactful improvements to the business.
- Set direction for the team, anticipate strategic challenges via long-term planning.
- Highly collaborative with Product Management to plan, deliver and service features.
- Partner with recruiting to build a highly effective team.
- Communicate across teams and functions and drive engineering initiatives.
- Coach and mentor team members for their career growth.
A little more about you:
- 10 years of professional software development experience.
- 3 years of managing high-performance engineering teams.
- Exceptional coding skills using a web development language, Python preferred
- Shipped several large-scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Able to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven success in leading engineering teams driven by business objectives.
- BS or MS degree in Engineering