Technical Program Manager (Security & IT)
San Francisco, CA
Here's the gist:
Zenefits People Platform helps empower the modern workforce for thousands of companies. Zenefits tightly integrates its powerful applications with other best-of-breed technologies and services to deliver the most comprehensible mobile HR experience on the market.
Some of Zenefits’ key features include HR, Benefits, Time, Payroll and Compliance. These applications integrate with our partners in email, collaboration, expense management, and employee engagement to create a powerful employee-centric ecosystem. The Zenefits People Platform aids companies in empowering their employees, managing change, and staying compliant.
At Zenefits, our security team embodies a collaborative, efficient, and flexible working environment. While responsibilities are clearly defined, we share a common purpose and goal: employing all measures to protect against threats to our business, because our technology governs HR and payroll for tens of thousands of companies. For us, project management is way more than just collecting status reports. It is about creating operational excellence, delivering complex projects, and influencing the whole organization. We are always looking for new ideas and trying to make sure the best ideas rise to the top of the heap. We focus on results and not just debate, in fact, we are often architects, designers, and engineers, not just advisors.
- Work with the CISO and his Directors to improve accountability, predictability, and transparency of execution throughout the CISOs organization.
- Lead iterative delivery of strategic cross-functional initiatives from concept to ship, through focus, transparency, communication, visibility, and accountability.
- Establish metrics and regular reporting mechanisms for assessing and measuring security, and IT risk across the organization.
- Develop policies, standards, processes, and documentation to improve security and IT practices -- including reviews, awareness, education and process controls.
- Be an advocate for security across the whole company.
A little more about you:
- 5+ years as a TPM, engineering or product leader, or a relevant consulting role.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver complex projects iteratively with multiple dependencies and constraints, in a highly dynamic and agile environment.
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high-level direction.
- Experience building roadmaps, release plans, project plans with a thorough understanding of dependency managementTechnical knowledge in at least one security domain such as engineering, system and network security, authentication or security protocols and experience performing technical assessments of security compliance.
- Able to communicate at all levels from engineer to partner to C-level executives.
- Able to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment.