Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Here's the gist:
Zenefits People Platform helps empower the modern workforce for thousands of companies. Zenefits tightly integrates its powerful applications with other best-of-breed technologies and services to deliver the most comprehensible mobile HR experience on the market.
Some of Zenefits’ key features include HR, Benefits, Time, Payroll and Compliance. These applications integrate with our partners in email, collaboration, expense management, and employee engagement to create a powerful employee-centric ecosystem. The Zenefits People Platform aids companies in empowering their employees, managing change, and staying compliant.
Zenefits engineering team is the pioneer in building an All-in-One HCM system. Building this highly integrated platform requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as product management and design, as well as customer facing operations and support teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing engineering platforms unique to this space. You will be exposed to open-source technologies like Django, Python, Ember.js, React, and MySQL, and use them to solve complex issues such as data storage and query over large data sets that encode various dimensions of date/time, management of complex business rules, and publication of data change notification events across the system to maintain data consistency.
- Responsible for designing and developing distributed software applications that integrate with our Cloud service providers (AWS)
- Partner with cross cutting teams to ensure a complete end to end product experience
- Write and test high-quality, maintainable code
- Develop web services based on python/other web frameworks to meet Infrastructure automation requirements.
- Develop Infrastructure Monitoring solutions.
A little more about you:
- 3+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- Experience with Cloud technologies, preferably AWS
- Experience with Service-oriented application development
- Experience with web technologies and system design
- Experience with our technical stack (Python/Django/Ember.js) is a plus but not required
- Self-motivated and excellent attention to detail -- focused on execution and shipping production quality systems