Director, Product Security
Here's the gist:
Zenefits People Platform helps empower the modern workforce for thousands of companies. Zenefits tightly integrates its powerful applications with other best-of-breed technologies and services to deliver the most comprehensible mobile HR experience on the market.
Some of Zenefits’ key features include HR, Benefits, Time, Payroll and Compliance. These applications integrate with our partners in email, collaboration, expense management, and employee engagement to create a powerful employee-centric ecosystem. The Zenefits People Platform aids companies in empowering their employees, managing change, and staying compliant.
At Zenefits, our security team embodies a collaborative, efficient, and flexible working environment. While responsibilities are clearly defined, we share a common purpose and goal: employing all measures to protect against threats to our business, because our technology governs HR and payroll for tens of thousands of companies. For us, product security is way more than just reading code and writing up findings. It is about being the partner to engineering, building technology to stamp out whole classes of bugs, and making our customers safe enough. We are always looking for new ideas and trying to make sure the best ideas rise to the top of the heap. We focus on results and not just debate, in fact we are often architects, designers and engineers, not just advisors.
- Work with the CISO to lead, transform and evolve the Product Security program.
- Lead a team of incredible engineers to create the technology that makes our business and customers safer.
- Make the state of Product Security radically transparent within the organization. Drive data into that conversation.
- Put your hands on the problems every day. Be a player and a coach by doing things like architecture/code reviews, implementing test suites, and building deep partnerships with engineers.
- Be an advocate for security across the whole company.
A little more about you:
- 5+ years in product/application security in progressively higher responsibility roles.
- Proven ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams in situations of extreme ambiguity, with only high level direction.
- Sympathize with the complexity of being a developer and want to help make writing secure code easier.
- Can read code like a book, and write enough code to get by.
- Hungry for independence AND accountability.
- Able to influence, negotiate and inspire others in a matrixed environment.