Great Resignation, or Reconciliation? Whatever you call it, employees are quitting in droves. Here's how to prepare and prevent a mass exodus in your workplace...
- 7 Employee Handbook Examples You Should Steal From An employee handbook can be crucial in building a positive workplace culture and employee loyalty, but they're not easy to write. That's why we're breaking down the process for you and offering you six employee handbook examples.
- A Guide to Using the V2MOM Goal-Setting Model Find out why business leaders often cite V2MOM as their preferred model to set goals.
- Everything You Need to Know About Third-Party Sick Pay Employees who lose wages as a result of illness or a nonwork-related accident are eligible to receive disability payments, also known as third-party sick pay. This coverage is typically part of an employee’s benefits package as a way for employees who get sick, injured, or are temporarily disabled to receive…
- FAQ: Can I use PTO after giving two weeks notice? If an employee gives two weeks notice, are they entitled to take their remaining PTO during that time? This blog gives a complete picture of best practices.
- Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, Baby Boomers: The 4… Learn about the characteristic differences of each generation in the workplace.
- How to Calculate Gross Pay to Net Pay When it comes to a paycheck, the less miscommunication the better. Here's how to calculate gross to net pay — and why it matters.
- What Is Employee Turnover (and Why It Matters) Employee turnover is a major concern of businesses of all size. But what does employee turnover really mean and what can be done about it?
- The True Cost of Employee Benefits Packages A new hire will cost more than their base salary — you’ll also have to factor in expenses for benefits, recruitment, and training.
- What’s the difference between an exempt and… The primary difference in status between exempt and non-exempt employees is their eligibility for overtime.
- If an employee gives two weeks notice, are they… It may be tempting to deny vacation time to employees who give their notice to avoid being in a bind, but is it legal?
- The Business Guide to Bereavement Leave Policies Being prepared when an employee loses a loved one is crucial. This article details requirements, definitions and expectations for bereavement leave.
- How Maternity Leave Works: The Employer’s Guide All your questions about maternity leave answered, plus learn how a supportive policy boosts productivity, helps retention and increases company loyalty.
- List of 2021 Federal Holidays for Small Business Owners When designing a paid time off policy or managing PTO requests, take this list of 2021 federal holidays into account
- A State-by-State Guide for Each IRS Mailing Address Where do I mail my tax returns? That depends on your location. Here is our guide to each IRS mailing address, based on your state.
- List of 2022 Holidays Every Business Needs To Know When designing a paid time off policy or managing PTO requests, take this list of 2022 federal holidays into account
- How to Terminate an Employee (with Sample Scripts) Separating an employee is never easy – for the worker or the HR staff member. The challenge is to conduct the meeting in a professional way that not only protects the rights of the business, but those of the employee as well.
- Top 10 Ways to Improve Employee Efficiency How can leaders improve employee productivity while still saving time? Here are the top 10 things you can do to increase employee efficiency at the office
- If You’re in HR, Send this Email About Coronavirus… If you're in HR, use this email template to communicate to your staff regarding coronavirus and flu prevention
- Email Examples and Templates for Staff and Customer… Ready to reopen for business? We crafted sample memos to send to employees and customers announcing your return.
- How Much is Average PTO in the U.S.? Between unlimited PTO and flexible vacation, our workforce sees a lot of PTO variability in 2020. So how much is average PTO for the U.S.?
I am having a baby April 16th. Can I get maternity leave?
If I offer a wellness program for my employees, like pay for a gym membersh...
Create an Account
Popular People Operations Questions
Lengthy, but here goes..... I had 3 doctors tell me my work conditions w...
Recent Featured Articles
More than half of employees say there's something their boss could have done to prevent them from quitting.
Learn how to avoid common mistakes when calculating overtime for your employees.
If a worker has given you fraudulent vaccination proof, here are the steps you can take.
Here's a list of flexible work options for employees in 2022 — plus details on how to implement them.
Growth Essentials Show all
Benefits Show all
Managing benefits and open enrollment doesn't have to be a headache — here are 3 steps to take to simplify the process.
Compliance Show all
Employers in Charlotte, Winston-Salem, and Wake County are prohibited from discriminating workers based on hairstyle and textures.