Employers in the Natural State: learn about Arkansas payroll tax and registration here.
Account Number(s) Needed:
Employers who pay employees in Arkansas must register with the AR Dept of Finance and Administration (DFA) for an Tax Account ID Number and with the AR Dept of Workforce Services (DWS) for an Employer Account Number.
Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration: 99999999-WHW (8 digits followed by WHW)
- Register online at the AR Taxpayer Access Point (ATAP) to receive the Account ID Number within 3-5 days or fill out this form.
- Find an existing DFA Account ID Number on Form AR 941M, Arkansas Monthly Withholding Report, or via their contact page.
Department of Workforce Services: 999999999 (9 digits)
- Register online at the Arkansas Division of Workforce Services to receive an Employer Account Number immediately upon completion of the application. However, the application cannot be completed until after the employer has paid wages in AR for the first time.
- Find an existing DWS Employer Account Number on Form DWS-ARK-209B, Employer’s Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report, or by contacting the DWS.
Required Payroll Documentation:
- Filed Electronically. Use a payroll report that contains Employee Name, SSN, Quarterly Wages and Withheld Amounts
- AR-DWS-ARK20 (Employer’s Quarterly Contribution and Wage Report): This report is a good source of information for balancing employees’ total wages paid by quarter as well as the Employer’s Quarterly Unemployment contribution amounts paid.
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
Local Income Taxes Imposed: