Holiday planning, Local Chamber of Commerce Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day, and Halloween are just a few of the October events to look forward to.
Fall is officially here! Are you ready for all that’s coming up in October (along pumpkin-spiced everything)? Make sure your October is as smooth as possible with our our easy-to-use calendar — filled with compliance reminders, social media events, and other dates to know.
Holiday planning, Indigenous Peoples’ Day, Get to Know Your Customers Day — and of course, Halloween — are just a few of the events to look forward to in October. Our calendar is ready for you to download, bookmark, and refer to throughout the month.
- Start Planning for the Holidays: The holidays are just around the corner. Do you have a marketing plan in place? Brainstorm how you’ll promote your business this holiday season.
- International Coffee Day: #InternationalCoffeeDay
National Customer Service Week: October 4-8 is National Customer Service Week. Celebrate the employees who make your business great by supporting your customers on a daily basis
National Taco Day: Let’s Taco ’bout the best food ever! If you don’t like tacos, we’re nacho type… Inhale tacos, exhale negativity. #NationalTacoDay
- World Mental Health Day: Observed annually to raise awareness and support of mental health with the goal to erase the negative stigma.
- Indigenous Peoples’ Day: Indigenous Peoples’ Day is a day to recognize indigenous people and honor their history and culture. It began as a counter celebration to Columbus Day.
International Day of the Girl: Celebrate the hardworking women in your office. #DayOfTheGirl
Notice of Creditable/Non-Creditable Coverage: If you offer prescription drug coverage to Medicare-eligible individuals, you must notify them as to whether the plan’s prescription drug coverage is creditable coverage.
Boss’s Day: Time to send your boss a thank you card for being awesome! If they aren’t awesome….you should probably send them a little something anyway LOL. #BossDay
- Local Chamber of Commerce Day: Local chambers create a strong and vibrant economic community. Say thanks to the small businesses that make up your community.
- Deadline for Objecting to Disclosure of EEO-1 Reports. The deadline for covered contractors to object to file an objection to the release of their EEO-1 reports was extended from September 19 to October 19.
Get to Know Your Customers Day: Take the time to reach out to your customers and get to know them better. It might be helpful to the success of your business. #GetToKnowYourCustomers
Civic Time Off: Consider offering paid Civic Time Off to your employees to allow them to vote on November 2
Cranky Coworkers Day: Yup. This is a real holiday. And if you don’t know who the cranky coworker is in your office, it might be you!
Checklist Day: Are you super organized? Place a checkmark next to this holiday! Create a checklist of your own, or use one of ours to keep your business on track.
- Halloween: Have a costume contest and eat some sweet treats. Likely your employees will want to leave early to take their children trick-or-treating! #Halloween
- Deadline to file Form 941: Employer’s quarterly tax return