Employers in the Aloha State: learn about Hawaii payroll tax and registration here.
Account Number(s) Needed:
Hawaii Department of Taxation Account Number: (W99999999-99 or AA 999-999-9999-99)
- Apply online by selecting Register New Business License under Services.
- You will also need to create an online account to access your business
- Find an existing account number online by selecting Search Tax Licenses under the Search section and entering the known search criteria.
Hawaii Department of Labor and Industrial Relations: (999999999-9)
- Create an account online by selecting Get Started under the Employer section
- You can use this guide to create an account. Follow the steps through Page 33.
Required Payroll Documentation:
- HW-14 (Withholding Tax Return): This report is a good source of information used to balance wages and taxes withheld from prior quarters.
- UC B6 and UCB6A (Employer’s Quarterly Wage, Contribution and Employment and Training Assessment and Continuation Report): Employers are encouraged to file electronically. If you eFiled, you can use a payroll report that contains employee unemployment wages and employer contribution amounts.
Third Party Access /POA Needed:
Local Income Taxes Imposed: